Saturday, June 18, 2011

Rob Zombie is the Deadliest Warrior

Over the past day or so, I've had the CD "Past, Present, and Future", which is a greatest hits album by Rob Zombie, in my car. This makes driving a better experience. I was able to crank the stereo up, roll down the windows, and just go. I was also able to keep the CD in while my mother was riding with me. She does not like music that goes, in her words, "kaboom kaboom kaboom". Are you fucking with me? She also likes Lady Gaga and country music.

I would also like to tackle another topic. Netflix has spoiled me. My $10 a month gets me all the HD goodies that I can handle. And I also get the resources of a DVD. To be honest, I prefer to have all my movies and tv shows streamed to me in all their High Definition goodness. I have no issues with DVDs. I just believe that they are a dying media. They have two great downfalls: 4.7 GBs for a single layer disk, and they scratch. They scratch almost too easily. I feel that Blu Ray disks are fall superior; at least in capacity. They still fail when it comes to being scratched. I would be a bigger fan of Blu Ray if the disk manufacturer where to use a more durable plastic in the disk. This would help boost the Blu Ray into even more of a mainstream technology. Who wants to pay close to $30 per Blu Ray disk if they get scratched and useless after being played a few times. Another downfall for the Blu Ray is the uneducated, and the sub-par audio systems being paired with the 60" HDTV and Blu Ray player. Sure, the movie looks great. But the audio needs to be there. Now I know that we all can't afford to have a top of the line surround sound system. But put a little effort into it. Buy the best that you can.

Now onto something a little more personal. My boss, Deanna, resigned yesterday. Unexpectedly. Now this isn't what is upsetting to me. What upsets me is that I didn't get to say goodbye to her. The last time I saw her, she was stressing out while being visited by some guys from Oklahoma City. I think that is what is upsetting me the most about the entire situation. I know that some people didn't like her. She was an awesome manager to me. She always joked around and was in a good mood around me. All I can say is that she will be missed greatly by me during this whole transition. I was fortunate enough to be able to bid my farewell to Bobbie and Paul J today. They are transferring to the West Broad Street Hobby Lobby here in Columbus. They will then be working at the brand new Grove City store when it opens. I wish them the best of luck in all they do.

Some of you may know that I am currently working my first extensive mod to a spare computer case. I just finished the cutout of this strange raised hole. This made it almost impossible to rout the main 24 pin ATX power connector through this cutout. So instead of trying to follow the original rounded corner square, I cut it into a straight 90 degree cornered square. I also had a couple small rounded end slots that I cut into one large cutout to route cables. Next, I may cut out the rear side optical drive bay for an area to route the front panel cables. I am choosing the top drive bay because on the front of the case, this bay is covered by the power/reset switch and other connections. I will keep everyone posted.

Onto the rant of the day. I was working tonight, and while sweeping I came across these two young girls. Like right around Jr. High age. And they were wearing slut clothes. I mean the short shorts that whores wear. And parents wonder why their "little angels" turn into sluts and whores and strippers at young ages. Now don't get me wrong. I have no issues with strippers. I personally have never been to a strip club. I have no issue with females or males that are paid to take their clothes off for entertaining the paying customers. On a related topic, I was promised a lap dance for my 21st birthday, but have yet to receive one. Just saying.

My final thought for the day: Make friends with people, and have a good time with them. You never know when they may leave you.

No comments:

Post a Comment