Friday, June 24, 2011

Bitch and a Half.

At this point, I am surprised I am walking and awake. I must look like a zombie or something. The coffee here tastes just as good as ever, but the caffeine isn't cutting it. I'm working on about an hour of sleep in like two days. I wonder if it is possible to exist with this little sleep every night. I could probably pull it off. I might try that as an experiment next week.

So bad news everyone: Micro Center didn't have the acrylic panel that I wanted. So I need to order one from Performance PCs. These guys are an awesome source for modding supplies.MNPC Tech is another great place for supplies, and for some great modding knowledge. I was able to purchase the screws and nuts. I decided to buy the pack of 100 #8-32, 1.5" screws with the rounded head. I thought about getting flush mount ones, but then I would risk breaking any acrylic and fan frames when counter sink drilling the holes. I also picked up the smaller, button head crews for the side panel on my main desktop. Once this is ordered, I can work on trying to finish up the case and reassemble the computer. I am going to try to sell the computer and hopefully get about $250 if possible.



The image on the left is a Google SketchUp mockup of the computer tower when purchased. Not bad looking for a $20 case, no shipping. Sweet. The Right image is what I plan to have it look after. The bottom 3.5" drive bay is no longer accessible as it will be blocked by the green acrylic. The bottom 5.25" drive bay will be permanently attached to the front bezel. I will be using fiberglass body filler to fill in the cut in the plastic and to smooth out the areas I want. The top drive bay will hold 5 military style On/Off switches that will control the fans and lights. The optical drive is located under the switches, and painted white. The interior of the case will be painted green; the exterior white.

Alright, time to go. Hopefully I will be able to update soon about the progress of the computer. And if anyone is interested in the finished product, let me know. It is still a pretty kick ass computer for pretty damn cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment