Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Teaser Photos. [Update]

The first color has hit the Mac. I am liking the orange that I chose. It isn't too bright, but it isn't too dark at the same time. I feel that with the proper interior lighting, it will be a great looking case. Which is why I am rethinking the interior lighting. I am considering changing to a grouping of these Antec fans that are currently on sale. They have no LEDs in them. They are clear, tri-speed fans. The downside to the fans is that the 3 speed switch is located on the fans themselves. Which sucks. But I am also thinking of just keeping the stock Mac fans in the copmuter due to the fact that they are connected to the Logic Board which helps control the fans and the fan speed. Another reason for this is because there is little room in the case to run a clean wiring system. But another reason to go with the Antec fans is that they will offer better cooling. I can set a couple of the fans on the low setting, and the ones that blow the cold air over the CPU cooler to keep the CPUs cool on a medium and a high setting. I am also thinking of using the case's design to change the cooling patterns. The case provides three seperate chambers. I can use the seperate chambers to change the airflow in the lower or main compartment that houses the CPU. I can bring the cool air from the back of the case and direct it through the front of the case. But the fans that in the upper chambers I can change the air flow from front to back to bring the cool air over the GPU and HDDs. I think that this may be my plan of action.

As for the lighting, I am considering 4" Blue Cold Cathode Lights. I can use them to light up the interior. Maybe use some 12" lights if I can find a place to secure them. The advantage of the Blue LEDs is that they are bright and will light up the case better than the UV colored fans I was thinking of using. Also, I'm thinking about my costs to implement this plan. I am thinking of painting the fans to match the rest of the plastic pieces in the case. The plastic pieces will be painted Black with a special black plastic paint. This fits in better than the cold grey of the original color. Tomorrow will mark the beginning of the blue paint. I have decided to paint the outer shell with the metallic blue, inside and out. The part of the outer shell that resides on the inside of the case is covered with the Logic Board and and everything else inside. So this saves me the time and effort needed to find the areas that I need to mask off and paint orange vs. the areas that need to painted blue. But I'm looking forward to the blue and how it will contrast against the orange. I'm deciding if I should paint a few of the interior pieces blue as an accent color.

So for the very few readers out there, please leave me a comment and let me know what you think would be the better way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment