Saturday, July 16, 2011

Great Interwebz.

I finshed my first week at my new job. It is a pretty sweet place to work. The guys are great, and they are willing to help me out whenever I have a question or need to learn something new. Morgan is a awesome guy and he knows his shit. I work all next week, and I have Tuesday off. I will be spending that day with the lovely Miranda Nash. We're gonna go check out the final installment of the Harry Potter series. I am hoping that the second part is just as captivating as the first part. I am also thinking of going back through and re-reading all the HP books, or at least all the ones that we own, which I think is the first 6.

I'm also continuing work on a new design for my website. I did start out with a template in Dreamweaver, but I was unhappy with using the template. So I have been working on starting from scratch and coding it all, one piece at a time. I also exported all the styling to an external style sheet, which the correct way of doing this so I can just link the .css file and then editing the content. I also am changing the image preview style. On the current website, the image previews are small scale versions of the entire photo. This is fine so people can see the image before they view the entire photo. I am changing it to squares ones that show parts of the photo, but not the whole photo. This is to (hopefully) make the visitor more curious and invite them to click on the photo to view it in the full image. I may also change the full views to be larger so you get a higher quality photo. But the issue with this is that it may fuck with the load times and take a lot longer for those with a slower internet connection. This is just something that I will have to test out and let you help me.

I will try to get a better post tomorrow. I haven't been thinking about things too much lately. I just have been busy with work and I hopefully can get my brain together and expand on a single coherent thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment