Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Skype! With a side of Thermaltake.

I am now connected to peoplr via webcam. I purchased a webcam from Micro Center for $20.. And it is pretty decent. Miranda tells me that it is on the higher end of the cams of her friends. So I will take that as a win for a pretty cheap camera. It was on sale for 50% off and it is a damn steal. It came with 3 different types of mounts, and the cam connects to these mounts via a magnet. I downloaded Skype and I am currently talking to Miranda via video chat. I am always looking for more people to add to Skype and I am up for video chatting with anyone!.

Also upon the new technology slate is my new Thermaltake eSports BLACK mouse. It is simple, yet elegent. It is a black mouse with red lighting, which matches my keyboard. It has a few more buttons that I will have to get used to. It has two buttons to change the sensor DPI between 400/800/2000/4000, which each has a very noticable difference. It also has a hardware button on the side which easily pressed with the thumb. This button it a back button for your browser. I'm not sure if it works with any other program, but I will test it out and let you all know. First impression about this mouse is that it is large. It fits my hand perfectly. I love it. It is not made of hard plastic like the trusty old Logitech. It is a little grippier, as it is coated in rubber. It does include (5) 4.5 gram weights. I have them all in the mouse (as it is out of the box) and it is a pretty heavy mouse. Heavier than the Logitech. It is noticibly lighter with the weights taken out. I personally prefer the heavier mouse. I set the DPI to 4000 and barely moving the mouse half an inch causes the curser to jump across the screen. It is hefty, well built mouse that (hopefully) stand up to hours of gaming joy.

Here is something completely different that I want to talk about. I am unhappy with the way that some businesses operate. I don't feel that a person should be given a full time position and department head within a company solely because they are the only ones assigned to work in that department. I feel that everyone should be given a fair chance. And if someone who works a lot harder than another person should be rewarded. A store/company will fail if they are staffed with workers who don't drive themself as much as another person. I understand that some people have more knowledge than others in that respective departments. But I also feel that training the right worker will be more productive than having a wrong worker. Cutting the hours of a few good workers will not help things out. You have the people who do everything that is asked of then, and how do they get rewarded? They are given a lot of time to search for a new job. It doesn't make sense to me. And I don't like how some people who know someone in the company and are almost promised a full time job when everyone is supposed to on equal grounds. I believe that hard work will be rewarded, not knowing people. But that belief has been shaken lately.

I'm working on this project of getting my DVDs onto my HTPC. The HTPC is waiting for its 2TB drive to be fed with media content. It is hungry. And I am here to fill that hunger. I will give you a peak at the list of movies and television shows that I have ripped to the hard drive.

1 comment:

  1. Well I am finally leaving a comment Mr Thissen.... I really enjoyed video chatting with you and look forward to it again :) and your webcam is one of the best I have seen. Good luck with all the work issues. And how many more movies have you added to your list?

    ReplyDelete