Tuesday, April 17, 2012

I'm Awesome!


Who has two thumbs and the best Art Department in the District? This Guy! That’s right. Not ONLY did I start full time yesterday, but then I discovered the news presented in the previous statement. This made my day sooo much better. What was even better about it is that I was informed in front of someone who has been trying to hold me back into a part time mindless drone position. This will help catapult me into my new department, which is the almighty Crafts department. This has been a great week for me.

In other news, I am expecting the package which will give me the kick in the ass needed to work on this computer. I ordered the 75 feet of 1/8” white cable sleeving; along with 5 feet of 1/8” UV green heat shrink tubing; and a few UV green connectors to finish off the look. This is phase one because the power supply will be finished off and ready to go! Then I will just need to work on the next part, which will include finishing the exterior of the case. I will need a little more coarse grit sandpaper to smooth out all the rough patches with the fiberglass. This will make the case ready for primer. Once the primer is ready to be painted, I will be disassembling the case and getting the individual parts hung and ready to be sprayed. I’m using a different tactic this time with spraying. I’m getting some wire and hanging the parts in the garage and spraying that way. I want to do this because I always have issues with the parts sticking to the crate. So I’m trying to minimize this and it will allow me to spray the entire part at once… no waiting to dry the flipping. I am going to color or wet sand this time around. I did with the power supply case and it looks amazing. Once the case is put back together, I will be spraying the clear coat then. This will allow me to let it set for about a week until I get it ready to assemble the interior. This will allow me to get a good coat on it and still allow me to assemble the case with the parts being able to fit together. Goodness.

In other other news, I’m awesome. That is all.

1 comment: