Friday, April 20, 2012

Haute Couture.


Fashion. Couture. Clothing. No matter what you call it, we are obsessed with it. Don’t be shaking your head and saying “No, that is not me!” Think about it. We like to go clothes shopping. We watch what celebrities wear. We are sent magazines that show us what is fashionable and “How to dress like celebrities” and “Get Blah Blah’s look for less!” But no matter how fashionable a certain look is, there are limitations on who should wear it. Example: At work today, there was a woman wearing white. A white pant suit type thing. I have no issue with white clothing; in fact I like white clothing. But you do NOT wear see through white pants with a black thong if you are over the age of, say 24. But let’s be honest. Don’t wear a black thong under white linen pants. I loathe woman’s fashion. It is an ever changing and evolving organism. I don’t hate the styles or anything like that. I hate how if one single celebrity wears something once, every single “fashionable” or “fashion-forward” woman thinks they can wear the same thing. I hate how women wear certain styles in situations that they weren’t made for. I understand women who work out or run that wear running tights and tight tops while they are working out. But then I see girls who go out in public wearing only leggings or tights for pants and a shirt. And they wonder why people stare at them. I don’t like how girls wear skimpy or, as I call it, stripper fashion out in public and then get angry when guys stare at them or hit on them. But on the other side of the coin, if guys don’t hit on them or stare at them, they get mad and think they’re ugly. Every girl is pretty in their own way. Here is a hint girls: Guys may chase slutty girls to hook up; but they want to take a classy girl home to their mother. Every man who grew up close with their mother seeks their approval of the girl they want to spend their life with. Personally, I want a girl with confidence who doesn’t care what others think about her. And I have found her. Sometimes she wavers in that confidence, but I try to instill it back in her whenever I can. She tells me that she isn’t, but she is. I know that she is. Otherwise she wouldn’t be the person who she is. She wouldn’t carry herself the way she does. This is why I love her.

Back to my original purpose of this post: Girls, be classy and that perfect guy you are waiting for will find you. Or you can be slutty and keep being used as a night time play thing for douchebags. By the way, douchebags exist because you let them.

1 comment:

  1. awe I love you too baby! You help keep that confidence in me and i thank you for that :)

    ReplyDelete