Sunday, July 10, 2016

Regularity

Well, Hello again.
I'm working on trying to get back into the swing of updating on a regualas basis. I'm trying to figure out what direction I want to take. I'm not doing too many tech related these days. I have a little girl that I'm learning on the fly how to raise. I think I'm doing alright, but you never know. I think the most techie thing I've done in a while is I just upgraded my laptop to Windows 10. I wanted to get in before the deadline at the end of July. And so far, I'm liking the update. Now, I have had Windows 10 on my desktop and HTPC. I dont use my laptop too much these days. But I'm happy at the speed of which my aging laptop has again. Not like a brand new, state of the art laptop. But like it was a new laptop back in the day. It came preloaded with Windows Vista, and a free upgrade to Windows 7 when it was released. An Athlon x2 2.0 GHz CPU with 2GB RAM and a 250 GB HDD. The battery doesn't work too much, and the charging cord has seen better days. I am looking at spending the extra $100 to give it new life. I would be looking at a new battery, charging cord, SSD to replace the HDD, and new RAM. I could just expand the RAM, but buying two sticks that are matching would guarentee that they would work in duel channel mode perfectly. This could range in price from $70 to $100. The RAM, Battery, and cord will be inexpensive. The SSD would be the pricey item. I might hold off and see how the other pieces work out in the overall big picture. A SSd would be an instant upgrade in the way of speed. Boot times on this thing were rediculuous. But I still love my laptop. Well, this is it for now. Good night everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment