Saturday, March 24, 2012

Quickie.




The absence is over. I am here again. I need to work on updating this again as much as possible. I have been busy at work and working on getting everything in my life in line. I have another addition to my Beatles wall and I am excited to hang it up. I also finished my first wedding shoot. While it is not perfect, it was a success. I measure this success by the fact that the clients [Jayme and Kate] like the photos that I came away with. Thinking back now I would have done things a little different, mainly in my preparation. But anyway, I digress. So I am also working on getting my digital life in order. I have finally [FINALLY!!!!!] settled on a video format. And it does require the conversion of over 400 video files. But it will be worth it due to being able to finally settle on a Media Center hub. XBMC has finally been declared the winner. This was made official with the addition of HGTV, Cartoon Network, Food Network, among others. It also has its own Android remote application, which can be very, very useful. I am working on getting my old DEVOUR up and running without activation to be used as a remote for the tv and media center. It is going pretty well. Along with the videos, I am working on getting all our audio CDs in the HTPC and with uncompressed audio. The songs take up a lot of room, but the quality is well worth it. Here is an example:

You are basically looking at about 10MB a minute. I think this will be a great archive of our audio CDs. We will be using Spotify as a main source of music, but this will provide a great hub of music archives. And so in case you are wondering, yes, I am OCD about my organization of my media files and keeping track of what we have and don’t have. Here is a screenshot of me keeping record:

Yes. I am that picky. And here is another one:

I am a little obsessive. That is all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment