Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Giver


So I was reading the Giver today while I was getting my tattoo worked on. I almost finished the book. So far, here are my thoughts on this classic novel.

1. Jonas is assigned the best job in the entire Community they live in, bar none.

2. He needs to fuck the shit out of Fiona, or at least run away and start an awesome life with her.

3. I would *die* in a world without any color.

4. My freedom of choice is what makes me, me.

5. I would loathe not being able to get my piercings and tattoos.

6. No cars and riding bikes everywhere in a place that allows adequate bike parking? I love it.

7. Being considered an adult at age 12 [although you may be younger/older] is historically correct, but still a little fucked up.

8. Having a coat that buttons on the back is even more fucked up.

9. Not knowing my birth mother would drive me insane.

10. How are the Birthmothers inpregnanted?

I will have an update when I finish the book [30 pages left] that has my complete thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment