Wednesday, November 23, 2016

HTPC, Meet PLEX.

New life changes are happening. The wife and I recently recieved a new couch. Along with the couch, we are making plans to make the living room better for us. We just purchased a new TV console to use with HTPC, Wii, 360, and other electronic devices. I believe the HTPC can fit inside it, which will be nice due to having doors, and we have a tiny human. While this transition is happening, the main PC, Charlemagne, will be moving into the bedroom on a new desk. I think I'm going to pull the HDD [2 TB] one and put it into the HTPC. Then, I can reorganize the Movie and TV Show files so I can set up an effective Plex Media Server. This would include making sure that there are no duplicates of any files. I am hoping that between Plex, Kota, Netflix, and Hulu we will be able to have an effective way to watch videos. The HTPC is always on, so it makes the most sense to have it host the server. With 4 TB of storage on board, it will hold all the Movie files I have. Also, having a Blu-Ray drive, we can watch Blu Ray disks. I am excited to partake on this adventure, I am hoping this goes smoothly, and goes as planned. I have more research to do on the hardware transitions, but I think I should be good to go. The main issue I am going to have is going to network support. I am going to make sure I have the bandwidth to stream the HD movies. But, this is going to be a testing as we go process. Until next time, Goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment