Tuesday, September 13, 2011

To Do List

I have had a lot on my mind lately. I have been working a lot, which leaves little time to do my other stuff that I want to do. Here is a short list of what I want to do. By the way, this is in no particular order:

1. Starry Night Photography
2. New fans, mouse, tablet for my Mac
3. Paint
4. Clean

I need to find a day when I have the time to run to Micro Center early in the morning and get what I need to buy. I need to buy a new Bamboo tablet because my pen fell in some water, and refuses to work correctly. And I have become used to using it with editing, and I can use Illustrator to add a little depth to the photos. I also wanna pick up some blue LED fans to replace the stock, bland grey ones in the Mac. I also need a mouse to use with the Mac when I don't want to use the tablet to navigate. So one and two go together in a sense.

I have some canvases in my closet and I want to start painting again. I don't have anything in mind, to be honest. I just want to work it again. I have a day off coming up, so I think I might sit out in the garage and paint some. I might find it relaxing, and it might help me out. I have a full array of oil paints, and I have some spray paint to add to the mix. Who knows what will come of it... but good or bad, I will enjoy it.

I need to clean up a lot. Well, it is isn't that bad. I just really need to clean my desk and shampoo the carpet. So it isn't all that bad. I just need a few hours to sit down and do it.

I am going to start exploring some new ways to present my work. I remember this process from drawing class, and I am thinking of picking up some low grade matte paper to use for it. The process involves taking a printed photo, and using lighter fluid to transfer it to another sheet of paper. It gives it a pretty unique look, and I think I might try this out again, but with one of my printed photos. I wanna have the sketchy look to it, maybe like a film grain look. I might then take that, and add some paint, cyan, and some other shit. I am excited to see how it all turns out. If it looks great, or looks like shit, I am just excited to try something new. If it works out, I think I might be on to something! Don't get me wrong... I can just as easily add all this in in Photoshop. But I like to try something else and I like being more involved in the entire process. I will wait up all night just to finish one print that I work with it all the way through. It is just a little more satisfying that way to me.

I am still waiting to hear back about my tattoo design from Jojo. I am getting killed by this wait. I need to ride on down to Inspired and see where he is at with it. Hopefully at least maybe I can get the outline soon. Then the details and color in a couple days later or whatever. I just want the tattoo!!!!!!

Alright, it is time to lay down, and peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment